Monday, May 26, 2008

The Talk

Photobucket

Hey blog,

So yeah, been a while, hasn't it? You're looking - well. Don't say that, you don't look exactly the same as a month ago at all! You're ... taller, I'm sure.

Oh, the lily? I just remembered you like them ... I know they're my favourite, but you like them too, don't you? Really? You never told me that when we were ... fine.

Look, I know this is awkward. We haven't really communicated for so long, and even when we were it just wasn't like old days.

Remember that song by Carole King, It's Too Late? 'And it's too late, baby, now, it's too late - though we really did try to make it. Something inside has died, and I can't hide, and I just can't fake it?' That's kinda been playing in my head a lot lately. I don't know what's changed between us or why, I just know something has.

The thing is, it's not that I don't want to keep posting to you, blog. I do. I still have thoughts and opinions on what's going on in the world and you know you're always the first friend I tell them to. Stimulus, response, blog post. Stimulus, reponse, blog post. You understand me so well.

I don't know why we've lost touch. It really isn't you, it's me. There was a time when I would've raced to you first to share exciting news and developments as they filter into my consciousness. I could tell you all about my Europe trip, or Dima, the new boy I have a big crush on, or how Mel and Kochie's knock-off of 4 Minutes has got me seriously questioning why I actually bothered to return to Australia if this is what was waiting, all that stuff. But ... I dunno. I just don't feel that buzz anymore, y'know?

I know I've probably taken you for granted too long blog - and I don't like to think of my future without you in it in some capacity. I just think it's better if we stay friends for now. And you know, the best thing about quality friendships is you can let the channels of communication slide for days, months, even years - but that moment you finally get around to catching up, it feels like only yesterday that you were hanging out together. Quality time over quantity time and all that.

Please don't take it personally - I promise you we're not the only couple going through this. It happens to the best of bloggers/blogs. There's Dave & House - I think they're pretty much over now, and you know how tight they were once. Sam's pretty much dumped Culture for Junior (I don't see myself doing that with you though - I'm a one-blog guy). And the munkey and non-turtle have gone pretty quiet too. On the plus side, Ms C's back, and I know you've missed her, haven't you? Yeah, me too.

I just don't feel I can keep up anymore. It's like you want me to be a Jeremy or Jacob and just keep bashing them out to you, but you know deep down I've never really been that disciplined.

Oh, don't bring Facebook into this, this has nothing to do with him. Our relationship was cooling long before I met Face. I'm not dumping you for Face, we're just good friends, OK?

Look, I don't want to break up with you altogether, blog. I just need some space. I really hope you'll allow me to come visit sometimes as I know I'll get lonely and want your company. If that's too much like one-sided dependency for your liking, I understand and respect that.

See you soon blog, I hope. Miss you.

QP xx

Labels: , ,

25 Comments:

At 26/5/08 3:56 pm, Blogger Jacob said...

Oh my, would now be a good time to say that I have already written my last ever post and it is in my 'scheduled' posts? This is so weird that you're dropping out now. Now it'll look like I'm just going along with the trend.

How was Europe?!

 
At 26/5/08 4:55 pm, Blogger Sam said...

And now I see Ms Fits is shutting up shop too.

Europe 'twas good, relationship break-up (real, not blog) notwithstanding - but more on that at 11. Munich folk - munchens? - are insane alcoholic fiends. I want to live in Munich.

 
At 26/5/08 5:25 pm, Anonymous MrLefty said...

All my blogging friends are getting divorced from their old sites. It's really sad.

 
At 27/5/08 4:14 pm, Blogger Frank said...

So long Sam, we'll miss you. Good luck for you future endeavours.

 
At 27/5/08 9:27 pm, Blogger mscynic said...

You did say, break time, rather than "this is the end", didn't you?

I mean, I'm not, I mean your blog's not the pathetic loser, hanging on like a shameless barnacle, clutching at your empty promises to come back?

Am I, I mean, is your blog just being that desperate barnacle? Cause that would be really cruel and, in which case, you should just break it with me, I mean your blog right now and don't keep me hanging on like Kim Wilde.

Can you at least post some pics of your Europa trip, per favore?

 
At 29/5/08 3:30 pm, Blogger Bodhi said...

G'day! I just wanted to quickly say that I love your blog, and have given a link to you on mine. Keep up the great work!

Bodhi
Sydney, Australia
http://itssydneybitch.blogspot.com

 
At 1/6/08 1:38 pm, Blogger mscynic said...

I got your email and may I just say THAT IS THE MOST EXCITING THING I'VE HEARD SINCE KYLE SANDILANDS WAS KILLED IN A FREAK PORRIDGE EATING COMPETITION THAT WENT HORRIBLY WRONG!

Maybe I just dreamt that bit about Kyle. Anyway, it is terribly exciting and I can't wait and I will respond to your email just as soon as it stops playing funny buggers on me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 
At 3/6/08 5:36 pm, Anonymous orfeo said...

First ever comment, only a recent reader, but...

That was the best blog separation post I've ever read. Makes me think about my own neglected blog. *sniff*

 
At 4/6/08 1:43 pm, Blogger JahTeh said...

Sam, yours was one of my first blog experiences *sobs* and now you've broken my heart *opens vein* but the least you can do is come back every Christmas and post one of those hairy men in Santa gear so I can still insult your taste.

 
At 5/6/08 12:57 pm, Blogger semaphore junction said...

It's amazing how this is happening, and yes the feeling is spreading.

Pity it's had to happen to QP. :(

 
At 5/6/08 2:50 pm, Anonymous Adrian Phoon said...

Oh no! Come back.

...but if you don't, thanks for your intrepid blogging over the last few years. Even when I disagreed with your arguments, I enjoyed your writing...which is more than I can say for Janet Albrechtsen (who doesn't always bother to construct arguments). Your blog struck the perfect balance between nuanced political analysis and gratuitous arse.

I understand that blogging gets in the way of real life sometimes...and vice versa. Hope all's good.

 
At 28/7/08 3:46 pm, Blogger Miss Eagle said...

Mmmmmm.....? Will you remember birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, and Mardi Gras? Just wishing you well.

Blessings and bliss

 
At 2/3/09 9:53 pm, Blogger Smadraji said...

nice posting
Gay

 
At 28/10/09 6:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JMgW080b0o

Man, those JibJab guys crack me up.

 
At 29/1/10 3:44 pm, Blogger wsxwhx660 said...

影音聊天室momokoko -
玩美女人視訊聊天網 -
同學會影音聊天室 -
taiwankiss文學區 -
love 免費視訊美女影音觀賞 -
美女視訊聊天網 -
6k 桃園星願聊天室 -
58cc 桃園星願聊天室 -
新 080 南部人聊天室 ut -
080 南部人聊天室 ut 女同 -
情人視訊網 -
080 南部人聊天室 ut 影片 -
本土自拍 -
kk視訊聊天網 -
080 南部人聊天室 u -
情色部落格 -
love104影音視訊網 -
176影音視訊網 -
sex999免費影片 -
語音聊天室 -
電話視訊交友 -
520影音視訊網 -
免費語音聊天室 -
卡提諾王國bt下載區 -
yahoo 奇摩語音聊天室 -
0401影音視訊聊天網 -
168影音視訊聊天情人網 -
卡提諾BT成人區 -
彩虹影音視訊網 -
正妹影音視訊聊天室 -
yahoo 語音聊天室炸彈 -
3級電影女明星 -
yahoo 語音聊天室 -
s383影音視訊網 -
qq 語音聊天室 -

 
At 6/8/10 1:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fashion ed hardy shoes for girls skinny leg denim jeans is massive! There are sever ed hardy shoes al reasons for this following. Firstly, these ed hardy shoes figure squeezing jeans are well-liked by teen superstars and girls often like to emulate their most loved star. They are also very easy to wear – jeans complement everything in your wardrobe and can be dressed up or dressed down
based on the situation. Additionally, young women and teen girls prefer ed hardy clothing to have on something their own mothers can’t, and skinny ed hardy outlet leg jeans fit this description.

 
At 6/8/10 1:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fashion ed hardy shoes for girls skinny leg denim jeans is massive! There are sever ed hardy shoes al reasons for this following. Firstly, these ed hardy shoes figure squeezing jeans are well-liked by teen superstars and girls often like to emulate their most loved star. They are also very easy to wear – jeans complement everything in your wardrobe and can be dressed up or dressed down
based on the situation. Additionally, young women and teen girls prefer ed hardy clothing to have on something their own mothers can’t, and skinny ed hardy outlet leg jeans fit this description.

 
At 3/9/10 3:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is made up of cheap panadora different pieces that pandora jewery complements and blends with each other to create that perfect look of an Indian bride. The Maangtika, the nose ring, the earrings, the bangles, the necklace, the anklets pandora jewerelly and toe rings make up the entirety of pandora jewlerry the complete Indian bridal jewelry.The Maangtika is the pandora charms and beads most traditional and most essential part of the Indian bridal jewelry. Apart pandora charms from the necklace, the Maangtika is the most noticeable piece pandora charms uk of the Indian bridal jewelry adorned on an Indian bride. It is worn on the bride' head and is designed to be unique for each bride. While its color and design largely depend on the colors of the bride's outfit, it is cheap pandora charms usually made of precious stones like pearls and diamonds. It has pandora charms sale a centerpiece that is exquisitely designed and sits on bride's forehead and is usually attached by a string that runs to the back of the bride's head. Another essential part of the Indian bridal jewelry pandora charms 2010 is the necklace. This piece is usually very eye-catching with a design that is in tune with the other pieces of Indian bridal jewelry adorned on the rest of the bride's body.

 
At 9/7/12 4:58 pm, Blogger Kuku, Kuku dress, Kuku dresses, kuku fashion australia said...

WOW.. Sweet Fashion! Fantastic topics. Liked it., Thanks for the nice Blog. This is really Fantastic. Enjoy online fashion shopping with us! We are- Kuku fashion Australia, with Kuku, Kuku dress, Kuku dresses, Kuku fashion, Mad Love stockist, Mad Love fashion, Toi et Moi online, Toi et Moi jacket, Toi et Moi online. Thanks for staying with us.

 
At 17/7/12 3:22 pm, Blogger face painting said...

Good Blog. The written topics is excellent and helpful for worldwide knowledge. Welcome to our face painting world with - face painting, face painter, face art, body painting, body painter, body art, virginia face painter, belly bumps, glitter tattoo, theatrical makeup Thank you for staying with us.

 
At 29/7/12 5:53 pm, Anonymous oil change va said...

Nice blog. Try to repair engine oil leaks to keep the environment clean. Thanks- oil change and oil change va

 
At 30/7/12 3:02 am, Blogger cloud services said...

Thanks for the Great Post. Groupe Conseil Solinteg can support -
office 365
cloud services
sharepoint online
exchange online
lync online
cloud services montreal
microsoft crm montreal
windows intune
and many more services and product from Microsoft Corporation. Thanks.

 
At 27/8/12 6:30 pm, Blogger stop car engine oil leaks said...

Nice blog. Try to repair car oil leak to keep the environment clean. Thanks- stop car engine oil leaks

 
At 9/9/12 8:30 pm, Blogger how to remove grease said...

Nice blog. Try to know how to remove grease and how to clean oil spills va to keep the environment clean. Thanks- fix engine oil leaks

 
At 12/11/12 4:33 pm, Blogger best wedding coordinator washington state said...

Nice Article topics. This is really excellent and fantastic. I hope it’ll be helpful for our readers. We are - Muse Event Planning and Production, LLC is a full service event planning and production company that can accommodate many types of events. From intimate dinner parties to events/weddings for over three hundred, we can handle every last detail. We work as your seattle wedding planner . We have an extensive list of award winning vendors and venues to build a team for our client’s events that will make any event picture perfect and stress free. We are well known as tacoma wedding planner or tacoma event planner . Our goal is to ensure that our client’s event is a reflection of them and their vision. Using creativity, attention to detail and experience in management and bookkeeping, we vow to create a one-of-a-kind event within their budget. We were rewarded as number one wedding planner seattle last year. We demand, we are the best wedding planner washington state . Thanks for your cooperation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home