Monday, May 26, 2008

The Talk

Photobucket

Hey blog,

So yeah, been a while, hasn't it? You're looking - well. Don't say that, you don't look exactly the same as a month ago at all! You're ... taller, I'm sure.

Oh, the lily? I just remembered you like them ... I know they're my favourite, but you like them too, don't you? Really? You never told me that when we were ... fine.

Look, I know this is awkward. We haven't really communicated for so long, and even when we were it just wasn't like old days.

Remember that song by Carole King, It's Too Late? 'And it's too late, baby, now, it's too late - though we really did try to make it. Something inside has died, and I can't hide, and I just can't fake it?' That's kinda been playing in my head a lot lately. I don't know what's changed between us or why, I just know something has.

The thing is, it's not that I don't want to keep posting to you, blog. I do. I still have thoughts and opinions on what's going on in the world and you know you're always the first friend I tell them to. Stimulus, response, blog post. Stimulus, reponse, blog post. You understand me so well.

I don't know why we've lost touch. It really isn't you, it's me. There was a time when I would've raced to you first to share exciting news and developments as they filter into my consciousness. I could tell you all about my Europe trip, or Dima, the new boy I have a big crush on, or how Mel and Kochie's knock-off of 4 Minutes has got me seriously questioning why I actually bothered to return to Australia if this is what was waiting, all that stuff. But ... I dunno. I just don't feel that buzz anymore, y'know?

I know I've probably taken you for granted too long blog - and I don't like to think of my future without you in it in some capacity. I just think it's better if we stay friends for now. And you know, the best thing about quality friendships is you can let the channels of communication slide for days, months, even years - but that moment you finally get around to catching up, it feels like only yesterday that you were hanging out together. Quality time over quantity time and all that.

Please don't take it personally - I promise you we're not the only couple going through this. It happens to the best of bloggers/blogs. There's Dave & House - I think they're pretty much over now, and you know how tight they were once. Sam's pretty much dumped Culture for Junior (I don't see myself doing that with you though - I'm a one-blog guy). And the munkey and non-turtle have gone pretty quiet too. On the plus side, Ms C's back, and I know you've missed her, haven't you? Yeah, me too.

I just don't feel I can keep up anymore. It's like you want me to be a Jeremy or Jacob and just keep bashing them out to you, but you know deep down I've never really been that disciplined.

Oh, don't bring Facebook into this, this has nothing to do with him. Our relationship was cooling long before I met Face. I'm not dumping you for Face, we're just good friends, OK?

Look, I don't want to break up with you altogether, blog. I just need some space. I really hope you'll allow me to come visit sometimes as I know I'll get lonely and want your company. If that's too much like one-sided dependency for your liking, I understand and respect that.

See you soon blog, I hope. Miss you.

QP xx

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 26/5/08 3:56 pm, Blogger Jacob said...

Oh my, would now be a good time to say that I have already written my last ever post and it is in my 'scheduled' posts? This is so weird that you're dropping out now. Now it'll look like I'm just going along with the trend.

How was Europe?!

 
At 26/5/08 4:55 pm, Blogger Sam said...

And now I see Ms Fits is shutting up shop too.

Europe 'twas good, relationship break-up (real, not blog) notwithstanding - but more on that at 11. Munich folk - munchens? - are insane alcoholic fiends. I want to live in Munich.

 
At 26/5/08 5:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All my blogging friends are getting divorced from their old sites. It's really sad.

 
At 27/5/08 4:14 pm, Blogger Frank said...

So long Sam, we'll miss you. Good luck for you future endeavours.

 
At 27/5/08 9:27 pm, Blogger Samantha Regione said...

You did say, break time, rather than "this is the end", didn't you?

I mean, I'm not, I mean your blog's not the pathetic loser, hanging on like a shameless barnacle, clutching at your empty promises to come back?

Am I, I mean, is your blog just being that desperate barnacle? Cause that would be really cruel and, in which case, you should just break it with me, I mean your blog right now and don't keep me hanging on like Kim Wilde.

Can you at least post some pics of your Europa trip, per favore?

 
At 29/5/08 3:30 pm, Blogger Bodhi said...

G'day! I just wanted to quickly say that I love your blog, and have given a link to you on mine. Keep up the great work!

Bodhi
Sydney, Australia
http://itssydneybitch.blogspot.com

 
At 1/6/08 1:38 pm, Blogger Samantha Regione said...

I got your email and may I just say THAT IS THE MOST EXCITING THING I'VE HEARD SINCE KYLE SANDILANDS WAS KILLED IN A FREAK PORRIDGE EATING COMPETITION THAT WENT HORRIBLY WRONG!

Maybe I just dreamt that bit about Kyle. Anyway, it is terribly exciting and I can't wait and I will respond to your email just as soon as it stops playing funny buggers on me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 
At 3/6/08 5:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First ever comment, only a recent reader, but...

That was the best blog separation post I've ever read. Makes me think about my own neglected blog. *sniff*

 
At 4/6/08 1:43 pm, Blogger JahTeh said...

Sam, yours was one of my first blog experiences *sobs* and now you've broken my heart *opens vein* but the least you can do is come back every Christmas and post one of those hairy men in Santa gear so I can still insult your taste.

 
At 5/6/08 2:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Come back.

...but if you don't, thanks for your intrepid blogging over the last few years. Even when I disagreed with your arguments, I enjoyed your writing...which is more than I can say for Janet Albrechtsen (who doesn't always bother to construct arguments). Your blog struck the perfect balance between nuanced political analysis and gratuitous arse.

I understand that blogging gets in the way of real life sometimes...and vice versa. Hope all's good.

 
At 28/7/08 3:46 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmmmm.....? Will you remember birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, and Mardi Gras? Just wishing you well.

Blessings and bliss

 
At 19/1/19 6:13 pm, Anonymous Clipping Path said...

Lovely blog. Thanks for sharing with us.

 
At 12/10/19 1:38 pm, Anonymous David Millar said...


Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic post. Really thank you! Awesome. Background Removal Service
clipping path service

 

Post a Comment

<< Home