Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New twist on an old classic

I don't know why I find Garfield minus Garfield so drawer-wettingly hilarious - I just do. There's something about Jon Arbuckle as a deranged schitzo that's just ... Well I won't oversell it, judge for yourself.

I think this is my favourite:








Or maybe:








It's just ... it's just ... Lol! When you consider Jon has never meant to be able to understand Garfield's thoughts anyway, it does put his sanity into a whole new questionable light.

I say this as a Garfield lover during my formative years, btw - though I do feel that the lazy orange tabby, much like the dysfunctional clan of Evergreen Terrace, has long expired past his use-by date. In reality, a 30-year-old kitteh would be a very old, frail, diseased, myopic, flea-ridden and flatulent kitteh indeed.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11/3/08 2:42 pm, Blogger Jacob said...

You know what's a bad cartoon? Fred Basset. It's about the unfunniest thing ever.

 
At 11/3/08 3:13 pm, Blogger Sam said...

Yu-huh. Oh, and Hagar too. About as funny as prostate cancer.

 
At 12/3/08 10:52 pm, Blogger Claudia said...

And Cathy. It makes me want to die.
I do have to recommend what might be the modern Garfield though: http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/index.html

Hope you enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home