Thursday, February 07, 2008

Invasion of the Hillarys

Heh. I think I came across a Facebook social group based on this, and I didn't really get it at first, but now I do. It's quite ... terrifying.

As y'all know, I'm a Hillary man. I'm not at Hillary Is Our Lord And Saviour levels like a lot of folk appear to be, but I hope she wins. Right now the world needs a Hillary, not an Obama (hopefully it will though by '12 or '16, and extra hopefully he'll make an outstanding VP in the meantime).

But mercy me, the woman points a lot. You notice that? Watch her approach any podium and/or do any meet-and-greet with the great unwashed, and you'll see she loves her knowing points.

Case in point: (*rolls eyes*)

Photobucket

The Facebook group I mentioned above draws eerie parallels between Hillary and, well, evil pod replicants from another world:

Photobucket

I don't know about you, but I find the 1978 version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers one of the genuinely creepiest, most unsettling films I've ever seen. It came at the tail end of all those great 70s horror flicks about replacement people, starting with Westworld and carrying through into The Stepford Wives - tapping into fear of the emergent robot technology of the time, I guess. Opening scenes to suggest something is horribly, horribly wrong are as subtle as a priest swinging care-free in a children's playground, through to random extras in the background of a busy city backdrop fleeing in terror - but ignored by the fore characters.

And maybe that's why the Hillary Point is so freaky - if she has been replaced by a pod replicant as part of their fiendish plot to take over the world by substituting its most powerful figure, they've done it so gradually and effortlessly that no-one's even noticed.

Photobucket

I hope I'm not supporting a pod person for President of the United States. That'd be soooo awkward.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 7/2/08 11:30 am, Blogger Jacob said...

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

 
At 7/2/08 12:09 pm, Blogger Sam said...

That's right. THROW your vote away!

 
At 7/2/08 11:18 pm, Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

Many voters will not want Bill back in the white house, and we can't blame them.
When Hillary loses, she will separate from him I reckon.
All this time she was singing Stand By Your Man, she was thinking " a divorced woman will never be able to run for Prez", but I think she is wrong about that.
It must have choked her when Kennedy, E, supported Obama.
and Oprah's endorsement of Obama has a lot of power.
A President of color, will be more of a great thing for young boys who haven't become gangstas yet, than a female Prez would be for young girls.

 
At 8/2/08 12:27 am, Blogger Sam said...

I wouldn't be so certain Clinton will lose. She won the Massachusetts primary even after Ted and other Kennedys - Boston royalty - endorsed Obama, and she's still ahead and primed to win the remaining big delegate states like Ohio.

My main reservation with Obama is his lack of experience and sound pragmatic policy. He's lovely to listen to but for me so far he's largely style over substance. This could be easily resolved with a term or two as VP, and after Clinton and the Democrats have attempted to repair the damage Bush has done he can take the country and the world to the next step. But not just now.

 
At 10/2/08 9:58 pm, Blogger eMZed said...

... but then, a rightwing American blogger would say that.

 
At 11/2/08 10:44 pm, Blogger JahTeh said...

I should have rounded out that comment by saying that I would have thought he'd go for a republican but he's thinking of Hilary and won't make up his mind until November.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home