Thursday, June 09, 2005

Tickets, Money, Passport!

How's this for an Edina moment: Was on the bus the other night, doing my daily Euro to do/done mental checklist.

Accommodation: check.
Train tickets: check.
Luggage: check.
Contacted Euro friends: Check.
Maps, guides etc: Check.
Euro-hopping plane tickets: Check.
Sydney-London ticket: Oh shit.

I've bought it, of course, I just realised it's still waiting to be picked up from Flight Centre. I determined it would be a good idea to leave it in their safe hands right up until just before I was leaving. Considering I had completely forgotten about this determination, I think that was a very good (forgotten) idea of mine. Would have just loved rocking up to Kingsford-Smith next week and realised I wouldn't have been able to leave the country.

Sometimes I struggle to keep up with myself. Like when Homer wants a donut but when he opens the box all he finds is a note: "Dear Homer, IOU one donut, signed Homer." Bastard! He's always one step ahead!!

I still can't believe that this time next week I'll actually be boarding the Royal Brunei plane. I feel like I should be a lot more panicky, but apart from minor bumps along the way, like forgetting my ticket, I'm really not sure what's left to do other than what I've done or what I've listed to do. I bet I'll remember shitloads as I'm showing the flight attendant my boarding pass, however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home