Friday, October 20, 2006

I was Wrong...Or Was I?...Yes, I Was...Or Was I? Yes

Now y'all know the only quality I have in greater abundance than modesty is my true and absolute incapability of ever being wrong, ever.

So believe me, I'm as shocked as you are to see that it's possible I (sorta) was.

When I say 'wrong', I don't mean wrong in the strictest sense, of course - see above - but rather, misguided. Or perhaps too cynical for my own good.

You see, when I first read about the Queensland Young Nats' threat to 'do a Joh' (side note: nauseating mental image, much?) and split from the national faction over same-sex civil unions, my instinctive reaction was, 'Ha! Go me, vindicated and shit. David Graham can munch on my chocolate starfish and call it Lindt.'

Oh, more articulately, that I was right all along: Graham was a deluded, naive butt-munch for ever thinking his own party would accept his depraved, degenerate choice of Baby Jesus tears-inducing lifestyle.

But let's be honest here: The Young Nats supporting a resolution for s-s civil unions is actually an impressive, and very positive move. The fact that the Queensland rednecks are in this case the extremist minority reflects well on the YN overall - although don't forget, Queensland is the Nats' heartland; it's not as though a split would not be insignificant to the integrity of the entire party. But assuming the resolutions of the YN today are indicative of the future of the Nationals - much like the current ratbags running the NSW Young Liberals are a disturbing indication of both the present and future state of the NSW Libs - then I guess the signs are positive.

I still maintain Graham is a butt-munch - any updates on his upcoming 'marriage' to the 'love' of his life by the way, anybody? No? Dust? - but I admit it: I underestimated the YN. I shouldn't have forgotten that children should not be condemned by the sins of their fathers.

3 Comments:

At 20/10/06 5:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An apology that would do a Howard Minister proud Sam - well done! Chris

 
At 21/10/06 7:58 am, Blogger Superdrewby said...

I am still amazed that after onlya few weeks of being together before going into the house David was sprouting his undying love for the guy.

Come on that's just a bit ridiculous when you consider that you could hardly even scratch the surface of a person's personality in a few weeks of causal dating.

As for the YN's and their push for same sex civil unions, congratulations! But wen the rest of your party is against you and believe your position is 'evil' there is anot a lot fo scope to help it forward

 
At 21/10/06 12:04 pm, Blogger Jacob said...

Sam... wrong?

Well now I don't know what to think.

*crisis*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home