Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Song I Can't Get Out of my Head

No, I'm not referring to those puerile Austereo commercials with that goddamn annoying "hitsorcist". It's this song that not only can I not get out of my head this morning, it feels like it's been stuck there on auto-repeat since I first downloaded it to my iPod a few weeks ago.

Ordinarily I wouldn't be concerned. But as Clarice Starling was once warned that she didn't want Hannibal Lecter inside her head, I'm not sure I want Grace Jones inside mine:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, you know the song.

Slaveeeeeeeeeeeee....to the rhythmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

Sing along at home.

Inside your head now? Tremendous. My work here is done.

Any other song suggestions to defeat the evil Grace monster inside my head will be appreciated.

7 Comments:

At 16/5/06 2:51 pm, Blogger Gay Erasmus said...

She has a lot to answer for. Not only is she responsible for singing songs you can't get out of your head, but she's also the one who crucially helped her ex-husband Dolph Lundgren get recurring work in the film industry. Now that's evil!

 
At 16/5/06 3:15 pm, Blogger Sam said...

Dolph was always worth a look shirtless though, provided it was only in something like the Rocky film where he didn't have to talk much.

 
At 16/5/06 9:38 pm, Blogger JahTeh said...

Dolph could talk? Perhaps I was deafened by his shirtlessness.

 
At 17/5/06 9:26 am, Blogger Gay Erasmus said...

Oh, completely agree with you, Sam and Jahteh. As an actor, he made a great model...shirtless and mute...

 
At 17/5/06 2:33 pm, Blogger weasel said...

Try listening to Jose Gonzalez's cover of 'Hand on Your Heart' (yes, the Kylie song). It's been stuck in my head for weeks and I still love it!

 
At 17/5/06 4:47 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Walking in the Rain is a great song written by Aussies Vander and Young just for Grace.

 
At 24/5/06 7:17 am, Blogger Allan S. said...

I have learned that the best thing to do is too surrender to Grace. I say luxuriate in her music. Download her greatest hits album and just O.D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home