Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Grumble


So my employer has decided to crack down on non-work related sites, and - yup - blogger.com is on the hit list. Blogspot is safe (for now) so I can at least read existing posts and comments as they're posted.



In the meantime, I can continue posting through Photobucket, but I'm unable to reply to comments (although I do seem able to post through HaloScan, so if someone would like to explain to me, as the Forrest Gump of blog design, how I can switch my comments from blogger.com to HaloScan, that would be muchly appreciated).



For those in my blog list I visit and post to, if I appear to drop off your radar please don't take it personally, it's just that I can't post anymore.

4 Comments:

At 30/11/05 4:55 pm, Blogger JahTeh said...

Go straight to the source of all blog wisdom - Harley (even if he can't answer a phone).

 
At 30/11/05 5:04 pm, Blogger Riza said...

That's crap Sam. I'm sure my days of posting rants about my colleagues are probably numbered too.

Haloscan comments are pretty easy to set up for blogspot blogs - just set up an account at www.haloscan.com and you can let it automatically install everything for you.

 
At 30/11/05 6:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be wary of letting Haloscan do it automatically in case it messes up your template. Save a copy of your template first just in case (go to blogger settings-> template then select all the text, copy to clipboard, and past into word or a text editor).
If the automatic configuration doesn't work, go back to blogger, paste the template back that you saved and follow Haloscan's manual configuration instructions.

I don't think there is a way of keeping both systems - blogger for old comments, haloscan for new - so once you change the old comments won't be visible (although you can still see them through blogger I think).

Good luck!

 
At 1/12/05 9:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The haloscan is, frankly, a gross bastardisation of a well-designed comment system. Elegance has gone way of all the lost arts.

That said, I may be able to help with the accessing blogger thing. You could try using an open proxy or chaining proxies (we'll discuss the details in a more secure environment). Or as a last case scenario, a web-based proxy like: http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home