Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Couldn't have put it better myself

I'm not always a big fan of hers, but Emma Tom's tips on how pro-life blokes can "put their money where their morals are" is inspired. Check it out.

While on abortion: interesting times for a film like Vera Drake to be released, and its director, Mike Leigh, has a straight-forward, realistic and apolitical take on the subject. Being a Leigh film I'm sure Drake will be unrelentingly bleak and depressing, but also a must-see for people who enjoy films about human beings with all our flaws and shortcomings. I've been a fan of star Imelda Staunton ever since her appearance on the hysterical "A Bit of Fry and Laurie". She's one of those actresses who is not a conventional beauty in any sense of the term (for one thing, she's tiny), but she always turns in excellent performances in fluffy films like "Peter's Friends", "Shakespeare in Love", "Crush" and "Bright Young Things". I don't think she'll get the Oscar but I'm thrilled she's even nominated. I can't wait to see Drake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home