Monday, April 03, 2006

Good, Bad and the Ugly

UPDATE: FARKIN' GREAT: Email received just a few minutes ago:

Just in case you missed it, a moment of television gold occurred this morning with our favourite weatherman Grant Denyer.

He was at Sea World on the Gold Coast and Mel and Kochie crossed to him and he was holding a little 'fairy' penguin as they were calling it. Anyway Grant said they aren't calling them 'fairy' penguins anymore because of the 'connotations' associated with it. Well obviously the penguin he was holding didn't like the name change and tried to flap itself out of Grant's hands, to which he replied, "It doesn't matter how much you flap you're not going to be able to fly, God didn’t' intend it".

The penguin was going to have none of this so it turned around and bit him on the arm. So Grant yells, "Ow!!! Jesus Christ!!!!"

Now the penguin took even more offence to this and turned around and bit him again!!! So Grant yelled the same obscenity again then ran off camera to hand the penguin back to its keeper. As he's handing it over he says, "I don't know whats wrong with it, it just started flapping then went spastic!!!"

So Grant bravely continued with the weather, but apparently the channel Seven switch was just inundated with calls about him screaming "Jesus Christ" twice on national television, and his derogatory use of the term "spastic."

So I guess the moral of the story is, beware of flapping religious fundamentalist penguins, especially if you are himbo weatherman.


This is why I love penguins.

***************************************************************

GOOD: I've accepted a new and significantly better-paid editorial position with a financial education services provider (trying saying that backwards 10 times drunk). Start in a few weeks.

BAD: Probably won't have the daily exposure to legal and parliamentary developments which currently inform my various QP rants. May even have to become Unclean and use News.com.au on occasion. Also may not have Blogger access there. More as it comes to hand.

QP is still sick on my work computer. Main side-effect is that I'm unable to reply to comments immediately. Can continue to post however.

UGLY: Could Gaybours get any gayer/paedophilic after this? C'puter says noooo. (*cough*)

5 Comments:

At 4/4/06 8:06 pm, Blogger comicstriphero said...

Anyway Grant said they aren't calling them 'fairy' penguins anymore because of the 'connotations' associated with it.

What the hell?!?

 
At 6/4/06 12:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done for the new job penguin :)

I need one too I have waaaay to much time to blog. I need my life back

 
At 7/4/06 1:54 pm, Blogger Samantha Regione said...

I want to MARRY that penguin.

I once did the weather with Grant, bikini-clad (me, not him) and draped over his politically-incorrect arse.

Maybe I should have given him a nip or two.

P.S. Your reciprocal link is coming.

 
At 10/4/06 10:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funniest. Post. Evah!

As a side note, I'm sure your esteemed fellow-blogger cohabitant would allow you to borrow his intahweb connection every now and then...

 
At 26/4/06 7:41 pm, Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

Thanks for the laugh.
I love penguins.
Fairy Penguins
Emperor Penguins
Queer Penguins.
and I like Lyle Lovett for writing the song 'I love Penguins' too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home