Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I guess he went...

The Latham resignation is weird. Why would people in his own office be insisting he is sticking around as leader 2 hours before he announces he's resigning not just for the leadership, but from politics all together? Why bother? Perhaps they didn't know about this themselves until he made the announcement?

It makes me wonder how long he's been preparing to do this. If he is really, really sick, and he's known about it for a while, that would be explain his strange quietness during the tsunami. If he was already resigned to the fact that he wasn't going to be in politics from 2005 I guess he just couldn't be bothered with the pretence anymore.

My money is on Beazley assuming the leadership, and while they're sping cleaning they might shaft Jenny Macklin (who was as I understand it a Crean/Latham woman) and install Julia Gillard as deputy. Either way, the ALP is in a lot of shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home